Followers

Thursday 5 October 2017

Summary and feedback response form

Prior to starting back on module 3, we were sent a summary and feedback response form, to help us to refresh on memories on the inquiry after the summer break. With in depth feedback given promptly after it was sent, I found this to be an extremely beneficial tool.

My inquiry focuses on pedagogy and how it has developed from the practitioners perspective, and it shall also look into safe dance practice, which will include ethics, policies and how practitioners deliver it. In terms of feedback, I am now going to begin to define pedagogy more clearer as I progress through module 3, as it is a very broad topic. To do this, I shall refine my research down to pedagogy in a dance setting and how it has developed over the last 15 years.

In addition to this, I also need to clarify who I mean by the term 'practitioner', and dancers and teachers would refer to themselves as this. For the purpose of this inquiry, I aim focusing purely on the teachers perspective. For this inquiry and throughout module 3, I am going build an understanding on ethical assumptions, and what questions arise. Through doing this, I shall have a broad understanding of my topic, as opposed to knowing what is expected.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    Great chatting to you on Skype. Your study of pedagogy and safe dance practice will definitely be a great focus for you! Before I forget, here is my blog post with the book I mentioned, perhaps you could get it from the library or somewhere, there is a chapter just on Safe dance practice, but it also has lots of other valuable parts in it:

    https://georgietedora.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/helpful-things.html

    Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Georgie that's very kind of you! I will have a read!

    ReplyDelete