Followers

Monday 17 October 2016

Imagery

So just recently I have created a Flickr account for the purposes of building up my portfolio as a dance practitioner. I wanted to have a new account so that I could keep my social and work/study life separate. Below is the link and screen shot of my profile, which has images of my dancing journey as well as video footage of performances and classes that I have participated in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144280605@N06



The use of web 2.0 can be a positive way of visually marketing ones self, especially in this case, through Instagram and Flickr. It is easily accessible from individuals that wish to know a little more about someone, and their journey. It is also an enjoyable, user friendly way to connect, share and network with others. Marketing oneself in a more relaxed way which is less formal, does not seem like the idea of 'work'. Social media can allow someone to promote themselves in a positive way, which is free, simple, and not time consuming. It can also be used to show your personality and who you are. Contacting someone from their information on a business card or finding their e-mail address on a website does not give the consumer much insight into someones story. Whereas, an Instagram account or Flickr account is less formal and can show what we do in our spare time, or behind the scenes footage of a performance and rehearsal footage etc. It shows the process as opposed to the product which is a wonderful experience to see.

For me personally, one of my favorite past times is to flicker through the accounts of well established dancers and view their videos of choreography, performances and concept videos. Not only do I enjoy it because dance is a huge part of my life, but having the opportunity to watch another persons growth and creativity through the art of movement in just a few easy clicks, inspires me.

Please follow and I shall follow back, or comment below with your Flickr accounts. 



1 comment:

  1. The overall impression I have from the set of images is one of 'fun' or rather enthusiasm and teamwork - and the BAPP Art image looks the same - not sure why - but the fanning out and the team photos work well. Yes - keep us posted if you do find new sources - we have the delicious - tag as BAPP or BAPP Arts - or link on your blog - that searching is good to do for research - finding out about things - and the visual and audio-visual are communication forms that have increased with Web 2.0 3.0 and 4.0!

    ReplyDelete