Followers

Saturday 8 October 2016

Professional Profile Research

For an individual such as myself, employment in the dance industry is vastly reliant upon contracts, as opposed to a job fixed on a yearly salary with a pension and a lump sum. Due to this, it is important to have back- ups whilst auditioning for performance work, and to do this, the first step is two have two CV’s. An artistic one and another CV relating to other attributes for work during the times when we are not performing, to get us by with money to live off, and for taking class and  travel to and from auditions. For me, I have my artistic CV which I plan to adapt once I have had my professional portfolio photos taken, and I have a CV which is based for teaching, coaching, and fitness and health.
Before re-doing my previous CV’s to give them an update and change in appearance, I researched into some online templates to give me some idea of how to make them attractive for the reader. For my artistic CV, I wanted it to be simple and straight to the point, but still including relevant information, such as my head shot, performance history and personal characteristics etc. as with the commercial industry, from previous experience, there are hundreds of auditionees, and because of that the choreographer etc. will want to be able to easily navigate what they want to find straight away.

‘…They lack neatness, focus, impact, and precision. Important information is often absent or hard to find, while unnecessary details clutter the page.’ (wolfram.org, 2016)

With this in mind, this particular CV stood out to me;





All information is segregated into relevant parts, with no waffle and even though the CV itself is three pages long due to the amount of credits this individual has, each section is easy to read and simple to navigate. I also like the idea of her portfolio pictures at the bottom of her CV to show her different roles that she can perform. Over time as I gain more credits and have my dance portfolio taken, I would like to add this feature.






Alicebenson.com [online]. Available from:
http://www.alicebenson.com/cv.html
[Accessed 08.10.16]

Wolfram.org [online]. Available from:
[Accessed 08.10.16]



2 comments:

  1. I like the research you have done to inform this exercise and the way you have approached it - practical results to follow - keep us posted on how new images work for you - so examples and ideas good to check out to stay up to date while showing the basics - it seems like a mini portfolio now rather than just a dry run down of the facts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! Will keep things updated on my blog.

      Delete