Followers

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Task 3 D Critical questions and issues that emerge

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?

Promptly after part 3 of module 1 began, I asked myself what I was doing initially that reflected my networking, and the answer to that was just the norm. Web 2.0, and communicating with others when around about particular topics. However, now, I have developed an understanding of the importance of networking. Not only that, but I have come to the understanding of how important current networks have, and that I should elaborate on them which is what I am currently doing, in terms of creating a Linked in and separate site for photos and video footage. I now feel like I have a plan, and that plan is to get up to date sources of networking (communication), and put myself in situations where I will be meeting new people to network and make connections.

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?

In regards to being within a shared network of individuals that share the same outlook as me, it helps me a lot, and i'm sure that the other individuals too feel the same. For example, the network shared on BAPP arts. We all began this journey and we shall all most of the time, be studying around the same topics which gives a network of shared interest and allows us all to communicate with one another about similar topics. In addition to this, the dance industry is a small one, which means a tighter network, and it allows a greater success rate, because if you network yourself with people who are choreographers, practitioners etc, they will notice you and that proposes a higher success rate of booking a job.

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking/ planning or practice?

I would agree with the idea that sharing thoughts and feelings etc with others in a similar network shifts thinking/planning or practice because the ideas of others may work particularly well in comparison to thoughts and ideas of my own which would in turn persuade me to try out someone else idea, and vice versa. A network of a shared interest allows discussion, support and compatibility which strengthens ones dedication to a particular subject.

Does critical reflection help you to decide what really matters and actions to take?

Throughout this process, critical reflection has enabled me to understand what really motivates me and what path I am more likely to peruse, and one major factor which has enabled me to to this, is  journal writing, as it allows me to reflect on my day each night, which when reading back puts things into perspective. Noting down a particular thought process allows me to think, and reflect on what outcome is best for me.

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?

Researching into theorists such as Boud, Mood, Dewey, Turner and Wegner etc, has enabled me to think outside of the box, and it has encouraged me to experiment in regards to methods of networking, communicating, reflecting and critiquing, which has broadened my knowledge in to thought processes and professional practice which shall be explained in my critical reflection.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? And if so, why?

My thought processes during this part of the module have definitely changed, and that is due to reading so much about different variations of networking, which has allowed me to gain an insight into which methods best suit me to put me in a good mind frame for marketing myself as a dance practitioner. I now understand what works in terms of networking such as, connectivity, affiliation, and cooperation, as well as more of an insight into the importance of ethical matters.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Hannah - a lot here about your own thinking and how relating ideas to your practice has allowed you to see it differently - that is the analysis we are looking for in your 1000 word summary - and portfolio of examples - please send draft when ready for feedback.

    ReplyDelete